Fight Rhythm JKD is our Original and Concepts based Jun Fan (Bruce Lee) Jeet Kune Do and Contemporary Jeet Kune Do programs we teach Old School Chinatown JKD as well as Contempoary Jeet Kune Do as taught through our Jeet Kune Do classes and Jeet Kune Do Grappling classes, as well as our Edged Weapons geared towards Military and Special Forces training. This is our original Mixed Martial Arts program geared towards Street Fight-Self Protection based upon the Original and Conceptual teachings of Bruce Lee’s studies into the martial arts. We also include Kali as part of our Inosanto Blend of JKD Martial Arts. I am certified to teach Bruce Lee’s Contemporary Jeet Kune Do and Los Angeles Chinatown Jeet Kune Do.
“There isn’t any difference between Jeet Kune Do, Original Jeet Kune Do and Jeet Kune Do Concepts. Whatever you want to call it. It’s the same. To understand the JKD Concept, you have to be trained in the original JKD or Jeet Kune Do that Bruce Lee trained. As he says, JKD is a path to personal enlightenment.” – Dan Inosanto
Kali Silat Motion is our Eastern Asian (the Filipino and India based) Martial Arts program that includes Kali (Inosanto Method, Pekit Tirsia Kali, Kalis Ilustrisimo, Jendo Arnis), Dynamic Fighting Arts (Dekiti Tirsia Kali, Balintiwak, Dumog, Panantukan, Kuntao, Silat), and Panantukan (also called Dirty Boxing), to teach us weapons based combat and defense that relies heavily on stick and knife combat as foundation but does move into empty hand standing and grappling with weapons in contested and non-contested skills development training. This is a self defense oriented combat approach that starts off training with weapons: sticks and knives and then moves into empty hand and grappling, includes stick fighting (sparring) and stick grappling, as well as knives sparring – stand up and ground. We also cover other various weapons – fixed, flexible and throwing.
First to Fight Krav Maga is our Israeli Krav Maga self defense program for civilian as well as police, military and personnel protection. We teach authentic “Israeli” Krav Maga as taught in Israel at the Wingate Institute by Krav Maga Master and Expert Alain Cohen. We are affiliated with the Krav Maga Federation of America. Using natural reality based movements we teach you how to be able to survive with instinctual responses that you can use in real life self defense when the fight or flight syndrome kicks in and your fine motor skills go. This is a reality based self defense system. This includes our women’s Self Defense, as well as Gun Defense, Knife Defense, and Active Shooter Defense programs. We offer training for civilian, military, police, third party protection, security organizations and other various protection programs. With influences from Warrior Krav Maga, ATA Krav Maga and Krav Maga Worldwide as well.
“Krav Maga is a training method“ – Alain Cohen
I would further state that yes “Krav Maga is a training method” that compromises a Self Defense System this emphasizes a simple and direct approach so personal protection that relies on and improves your bodies natural responses to a violent confrontation.
Our MMA Based “Fight-Fit” Readiness Fitness Program is a High Intensity Interval Training program based on 5 Minute Rounds with 3 to 6 Rounds. You get a 15-35 Minute workout with 1 Minute breaks in between that utilizes the Ring 2 Cage MMA Fitness Dummy’s along with our Fight-Fit Ground and Pound Program that utilizes various high intensity cardiovascular exercises geared to build up cardiovascular endurance. Fight to Fight is our cardio fitness program geared towards MMA rounds and competition cardiovascular readiness program. As well as Warrior X-Fit, Fitness Kick-Boxing and ATA Fit programs.
A Bit About Me
I am a Martial Artist with many years of experience starting my serious studies beginning around 1993. I am an Instructor in Multiple Martial arts. I recently received certification in P.F.S. Military Edged Weapons Certification from Sifu Paul Vunak to teach Progressive Fighting Systems Seal Team 6 Combatives as well as Bruce Lee’s Contemporary Jeet Kune Do and FMA/Kali – Phase 1 Instructorship. I am a member of the Descendants of the Masters training program. I also recently got Certified to teach Los Angeles Chinatown Jeet Kune Do under Sifu Tim Tackett, Steven Resell and Mike Blesch as a Senior 2nd Level Student Coach.
I am a Certified Israeli Krav Maga Security Federation – Level 1 Civilian Instructor under 5th Dan Black Belt Expert Alain Cohen under him I am also a Level 5 – Brown Belt Krav Maga Practitioner. I also hold as a Level 1 – ATA Krav Maga Instructor Certification. I also hold a Camo Belt – Level 4 Belt in Lee’s ATA Warrior Krav Maga. I also have training and experience as an Active Shooter Self-Defense Assistant Instructor. I also have Training in Knife Defense under Tuhon Apolo Ladra and I have also taken a Law Enforcement Defense Control Tactics Course.
I have certification as Cage Fitness, Warrior X-Fit, and Fitness Kickboxing Certified instructor. Currently I hold a 1st Degree Black Belt in ATA Songahm Taekwondo. I have some past experience as a Personal Trainer and P.E. Coach, with training and experience in Weight Training in High School and College and Sports Medicine as well as Wrestling in High School.
I’ve also had a chance to train at the legendary Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts with Burton Richardson one of Dan Inosanto top instructors and DogBrother in Knife Grappling, Silat For The Street, BJJ For The Street, Double Stick Kali, Muay Thai, and Zulu Fighting insights as well Functional Jeet Kune Do. I have also training experience in Jeet Kune Do Concepts under Shahram Moosavi at the Phoenix JKD Mixed Martial Arts Academy as well as no-Gi Grappling and Inosanto LaCoste Kali. I also had a chance to train in Original Ted Wong Jeet Kune Do, and in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu including training at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in Chandler working on my Gracie Combatives Belt. I’ve also had some previous exposure to Escrima at Family Karate circa 1995, Muay Thai, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in the Del Mar Area around 1996, Olympic Taekowndo, Aikido & Kendo and To Shin Do (Ninjitsu).
I am currently training under Sensei Phillip Palmejar (a Roy Harris Black Belt) in BJJ, Jendo Arnis, Kalis Ilustrisimo and JKD Concepts seeking to become an instructor under him and Sifu Roy Harris.
My lineage in Jeet Kune Do:
- P.F.S. Military Edged Weapons Certification from Sifu Paul Vunak to teach Progressive Fighting Systems Seal Team 6 Combatives (Lineage in Progressive Fighting Systems / Rapid Assault Tactics: Bruce Lee –> Dan Inosanto –> Paul Vunak)
- Bruce Lee’s Contemporary Jeet Kune Do and FMA/Kali – Phase 1 Instructorship. (Lineage in Contemporary Jeet Kune Do / FMA-Kali: Bruce Lee –> Dan Inosanto –> Paul Vunak)
- Chinatown JKD – Senior 2nd Level Student Coach. (Lineage in Chinatown Jeet Kune Do: Bruce Lee –> Dan Inosanto –> Tim Tackett / Steven Sewell / Mike Blesch)
- P5 Academy (Sensei, Sifu, and Guru Phillip Palmejar) – Roy Harris Academy Student (Lineage in Jeet Kune Do Concepts/Progressive Fighting Systems: Bruce Lee –> Dan Inosanto –> Paul Vunak –> Roy Harris –> Phillip Palmejar; Lineage in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Mitsuyo Maeda –> Carlos Gracie Sr. –> Helio Gracie –> Francisco Mansur –> Joe Moreira –> Roy Harris –> Phillip Palmejar;Lineage in Greek Pankration Athlima Counsel: Roberto Serrano –> Phillip Palmejar)
- JKD Unlimited: BJJ For The Street (Knife Grappling) and Silat For The Street, (Lineage in Jeet Kune Do & Kali: Dan Inosanto & Richard Bustillo –> Burton Richardson; Lineage in Kalis Ilustrisimo: Antonio Ilustrisimo –> Tony Diego –> Christopher Rickett –> Burton Richardson; BJJ Lineage under Machado Brothers –> Carlson Gracie –> Baret Yoshida –> Charuto Verissimo –> Marcelo Garcia –> Burton Richardson)
- Wing Chun Kung Fu for MMA (Lineage in Wing Chun: Yip Man –> Jiu Wan –> Francis Fong; Lineage in Jeet Kune Do: Bruce Lee –> Dan Inosanto –> Francis Fong)
- Phoenix Jeet Kune Do Academy (JKD, Kali and BJJ) (Lineage in Jeet Kune Do Concepts/Progressive Fighting Systems: Bruce Lee –> Dan Inosanto –> Paul Vunak –> Shahram Moosavi; Lineage in BJJ: Royler Gracie –> Wellington Leal “Megaton” Diaz –> Shahram Moosavi)
My lineage in Kali, Silat and KunTao:
- Warrior Combat Kali; Double Stick, Single Stick, Empty Hand, Knife Defense, and Combat Blade (Lineage in Pekiti Tirsia Kali: Leo T. Gaje Jr –> Apolo Ladra),
- Inosanto-Lacoste Kali (Lineage in Inosanto Kali Blend: Dan Inosanto –> Paul Vunak –> Shahram Moosavi)
- P5 Academy: (Kalis Ilustrisimo: Lineage in Kalis Ilustrisimo: Antonio “Tatang” Ilustrisimo –> Tony Diego / Romy Macapagal –> Roy Harris / Peachie Baron Saguin –> Phillip Palmejar; Jendo-Arnis (Lineage in Jendo-Arnis: Jonathan Makiling Abaya –> Phillip Palmejar)
- Phoenix Jeet Kune Do Academy (JKD, Kali and BJJ) (Lineage in Inosanto LaCoste Kali: Bruce Lee –> Dan Inosanto –> Paul Vunak –> Shahram Moosavi)
- DFA Kuntao Kali Silat: (Lineage in KunTao Kali Silat: David Seiwert)
- Warrior Arts Alliance: Panantukan “Filipino Dirty Boxing” (Lineage in Panantukan: Dan Inosanto –> Daniel Sullivan)
- JKD Unlimited: Knife Grappling, Silat For The Street, Double Stick Kali, Muay Thai and Zulu Fighting insights. (Lineage in Jeet Kune Do & Kali: Dan Inosanto & Richard Bustillo –> Burton Richardson; Lineage in Kalis Ilustrisimo: Antonio Ilustrisimo –> Tony Diego –> Christopher Rickett –> Burton Richardson; BJJ Lineage under Machado Brothers –> Carlson Gracie –> Baret Yoshida –> Charuto Verissimo –> Marcelo Garcia –> Burton Richardson)
My Lineage in Krav Maga
- Israeli Krav Maga – Level 1 Civilian Instructor Certification (Lineage in Israeli Krav Maga: Imi Lichtenfeld –> Raphy Elgrissy –> Alain Cohen)
- Law Enforcement Control Tactics (Lineage in Israeli Krav Maga: Imi Lichtenfeld –> Raphy Elgrissy –> Alain Cohen)
- Defense Against Attacks in Tubular Environments Part 1 & 2 (Lineage in Krav Maga: Imi Lichtenfeld –> Darren Levine)
- In Da Club Surviving Bar Brawls, Club Chaos, and Event Encounters (Lineage in Krav Maga: Imi Lichtenfeld –> Darren Levine –> Ryan Hoover)
- Warrior Krav Maga (Level 4 – Camo Belt) (Lineage in Krav Maga: Imi Lichtenfeld –> Darren Levine –> Erick Alfaro –> Anthony Landgren)
- Active Shooter Self Defense (Lineage in Krav Maga: Imi Lichtenfeld –> Darren Levine –> Erick Alfaro –> Anthony Landgren)
- ATA Krav Maga – White Belt-Orange Belt (Lineage in Krav Maga: Imi Lichtenfeld –> Darren Levine –> Daniel Longoria)
Jeet Kune Do Courses I Offer:
- De-Fanging The Snake – Sparring
- L.A. Chinatown JKD – Core Modules
- Intensive Private Training Program
- Seal Team 6 – Rapid Assault Tactics (R.A.T.)
- The Golden Goose: Empty Hands & Weapons
- E.T.G.S. Self Defense Seminar – Women, Children
- Street Fighting, Mass Attack (Multiple Opponents)
- PFS Military Edged Weapons Defensive Tactics Seminar
- Filthy MMA (Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Pummel, Ground Kino Mutai, Weapons)
Kali Courses I Offer:
- Knife Defense
- Stick Fighting – Stick Defense
- PFS Military Edged Weapons Seminar
Krav Maga Courses I Offer:
- Gun Defense
- Knife Defense
- Active Shooter Defense
- Stick Defense – Stick Fighting
- Military Combatives Seminar
- Self Defense Course – Womens, Kids
- Israeli Gun & Tactical Shooting Course
- Law Enforcement Control Tactics Seminar
Affiliated Gyms & Associated Training Academies: